It’s very common to have problems with our sleep. In fact, 30% of adults in the UK are affected by sleep disturbance. These types of problems can differ for everyone.
For example, it’s normal to have trouble falling asleep or experiencing broken sleep during the night every now and then. But if these issues continue long-term, it could be a sign of insomnia. Insomnia is the most common sleep disorder.
Symptoms may include:
- Finding it difficult to fall asleep
- Waking up frequently during the night
- Regularly waking up early and being unable to get back to sleep
- Not feeling refreshed or rested after waking up
- Trouble concentrating because of tiredness
- Feeling more irritable than usual
There’s a very close link between poor sleep and poor mental health. For instance, if your mood worsens then this can affect how well you sleep. Or if you have problems with your sleep, this may have a negative effect on your mental health. This means that getting good quality sleep is very important! At Insight IAPT, we can help you overcome your insomnia and improve your mood.
You can learn more about insomnia in the booklet and video on this page.