Stress is a very normal reaction in modern day life. Sometimes you know the reasons behind why you feel might feel stressed but sometimes there isn’t an obvious cause.
Either way, you may feel overwhelmed or that you are struggling to cope with the pressures of life.
Symptoms may include:
- Feeling run-down or tired a lot of the time
- Physical symptoms such as muscular tension, heart racing, tight chest, shortness of breath, stomach butterflies, sweating, or shaking
- Frequent headaches or stomach problems
- Changes in sleep or appetite
- Lack of interest and struggling to enjoy yourself
- Tearfulness or crying
Stress levels vary from person to person, but this depends on several things, such as the coping strategies you already have in place to help you to cope with stress.
But if high levels of stress continue over long periods of time, it can be bad for your wellbeing and start to take a toll on your body.
You can learn more about stress within the booklet and video on this page.