Impact on Teesside is a free and confidential mental health service providing talking therapies and counselling in Middlesborough, Stockton and the overall Teesside area. This service free and available to those that are aged 16+ and are registered with a local GP in Teesside.
Who we are
Impact on Teesside is a partnership between Insight IAPT and:
- Alliance Psychological Services
- Middlesbrough & Stockton Mind
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
For more information on the support we offer, please visit the Impact on Teesside website.
What we can help with
We can offer help to people who are experiencing common mental health problems, such as:
- Low mood or depression
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Long term health conditions
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Mental health problems related to long-term health conditions
- Bereavement and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Family problems
- Body dysmorphia
- Disordered eating patterns
If you would like to learn more about the mental health issues Teesside mental health service can support, please see Impact on Teesside Support page.
The therapies we offer
Our Teesside service offers different talking therapies and counselling in Middlesbrough and surrounding areas to support people with their difficulties, such as:
- Guided self-help based on CBT
- Digital CBT
- CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)
- Group Support
- Couples Counselling
- Interpersonal Therapy
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing
The best therapy will depend on your particular situation. If you would like further information on therapies we offer, please visit our How can we help you? section.
How to make an appointment
If you would like to book an appointment, please fill in a self-referral form on Impact on Teesside website and a member of the team will contact you.