Talking Together Wirral is a free, confidential NHS talking therapy service, available to anyone who is aged 16+ and registered with a GP in the Wirral.
What we can help with
Our Talking Together Wirral mental health services can support you if you are experiencing a common mental health problem, such as:
- Low mood or depression
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Mental health problems related to long-term health conditions
- Bereavement and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Family problems
- Body dysmorphia
- Struggles during pregnancy and up to one year after birth, including support for partners
If you would like to learn more about the common mental health issues we can support, please see our How are you feeling? page.
The therapies we offer
Our Wirral service offers a range of talking therapies, counselling, information, and support. Talking therapies can help you to understand and work through difficult feelings and to develop strategies for coping better.
We offer a range of talking therapies, including:
- Guided self-help based on CBT
- Digital CBT
- CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)
- Couple therapy
- EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing)
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
The best therapy will depend on your particular situation.
How to make an appointment
If you would like to start counselling or talking therapy with Wirral service, please fill in our self-referral form now and a member of our friendly patient coordinator team will contact you.
Who we are
Talking Together Wirral is delivered by a partnership of Insight IAPT and: