The CBT therapist role within Insight Healthcare IAPT services is highly valued and seen as an integral part of what we do. Our therapists provide disorder specific assessments, formulation and evidence-based CBT protocols for people with anxiety disorders and/or depression. We work to the stepped care model to provide the least intrusive and most appropriate level of care to meet the needs of the person. Therefore, our CBT therapists will offer a wide range of treatments and delivery formats. Adapting what we offer to make our treatments more accessible is a critical characteristic of what we do.
We have new CBT preceptorship for newly qualified staff and career development opportunities through to senior management and clinical leadership. As you will already know, IAPT is fast paced. We listen to our staff wellbeing needs and provide clinical CPD, self-care sessions and high-quality resources to enable you to support people effectively. The role is varied and constantly evolving with the evidence base and guidance and you can be a part of our evolution if you join us.
- We will care for you, your role and career development, while you care for the people who need our support.
- Together we will evolve and innovate services to help us to face the future needs of people with anxiety disorders and depression.
- Together we will increase access; provide the least burdensome, most effective treatments first; and help more people to recover.
About the organisation
You will be joining our Talking Together Wirral service, which has been delivering high and low intensity interventions in the local area since April 2019 and continues to build our reputation with key local partners. The service has formal partnerships with Cruse, Open Door, Age UK, Clear Minds, and Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, working to bridge the gap between Primary and Secondary Care Mental Health services as well as provide access to support for practical issues impacting on well-being.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. You will play a key role in delivering this mission and be committed to our core values, which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
“I have worked for Insight Healthcare for many years and am proud of the services that we offer. We really care about supervision, doing the right things at the right time and putting the patient at the heart of all we do. There is really exciting developments in the organisation at the moment you can get involved in, like our new clinical training CPD hub and patient resources, our new website that is being built and apps. I have found it a really inspiring and encouraging service in which to develop. I have recently been appointed as Clinical Lead for our National Team and am really enjoying sharing knowledge and skills. We have such talent in the organisation” – Sara, National Team Interim Clinical Lead
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are a qualified CBT therapist, accredited by the BABCP. Additional EMDR training and IAPT HIT Supervisor training are preferable.
- Are looking to work for an innovative provider who really values you and your career development.
- Have a proven track record of delivering high quality disorder specific assessments, formulation and protocol-based CBT interventions that reflect local and national priorities and targets.
- Are able to demonstrate good therapeutic relationships with people.
- Are able to undertake thorough risk assessments.
- Are an inspirational and collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are able to organise high volume workload to ensure effective prioritisation and delivery of objectives.
- Are flexible to meet the needs of the service.
- Are committed to improving access to psychological therapies and working within these services for your future career development.
How to apply
- The Job Pack for this role is attached. This includes the information pack, job description and person specification. It is essential that you read these documents prior to applying.
- For further information on the role, please email Paul Edwards (Service Lead) via edwards@InsightHealthcare.org and he will be happy to help you.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your junk mail folder.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Thursday 13th May 2021, with interview dates to be confirmed
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, which we will cover the cost of. Insight IAPT reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.