The PWP role within Insight IAPT is highly valued and seen as an integral part of what we do. Our PWPs provide disorder specific assessments and evidence-based low intensity CBT interventions for people with anxiety disorders and/or depression. We work to the stepped care model to provide the least intrusive and most appropriate level of care to meet the needs of the person. Therefore, our PWPs will offer a wide range of treatments, including telephone and online treatment, cCBT programmes, psycho-educational groups, courses, workshops, webinars and one-to-one work. Adapting what we offer to make our treatments more accessible is a critical characteristic of what we do.
Being a PWP within Insight IAPT means joining a provider who really values the PWP role, at every level of the organisation. We have new PWP preceptorship and career development opportunities through to senior management and clinical roles. As you will already know, the PWP role is fast-paced and carries a high-volume caseload. We listen to our PWPs wellbeing needs and provide clinical CPD, self-care sessions and high-quality resources to enable you to support people effectively. The role is varied and constantly evolving with the evidence base and guidance and you can be a part of our evolution if you join us.
- We will care for you, your role and career development, while you care for the people who need our support.
- Together we will evolve and innovate services to help us to face the future needs of people with anxiety disorders and depression.
- Together we will increase access; provide the least burdensome, most effective treatments first; and help more people to recover.
You will be remote working, with the ability to travel to our Wirral service to complete face to face therapy as required.
“The first thing I noticed working for Insight IAPT was how friendly and approachable the team are. Immediately I felt at ease and supported as a PWP. There is an emphasis on wellbeing and development, which enabled me to progress to a senior role. The PWP role is dynamic and full of opportunities. I have been involved in exciting projects, networking forums, training sessions and workshops. Insight has strong values, and this is reflected in our client work – everything is done with their best interests at heart.” – Sabina, Senior PWP
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are a qualified PWP who has successfully completed a BPS accredited PWP course certificate at UG or PG level. This could also be as part of the MSci in Applied Psychology with integrated BPS accredited PWP training, or as part of the BPS accredited PWP apprenticeship training route.
- Have a proven track record of delivering high quality disorder specific assessments and Low Intensity CBT interventions that reflect local and national priorities and targets.
- Are able to demonstrate good therapeutic relationships with people.
- Are able to undertake thorough risk assessments.
- Are an inspirational and collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are able to organise high volume workload to ensure effective prioritisation and delivery of objectives.
What we offer in return
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and clinical supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- Discounted gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply
- Please visit https://www.insightiapt.org/work-with-us/vacancies/ to download the Job Pack for this role. This includes the information pack, job description and person specification. It is essential that you read these documents prior to applying.
- For further information on the role, please email Paul Edwards (Service Lead) via paul.edwards@InsightHealthcare.org and he will be happy to help you.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to email@example.com. Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your junk mail folder.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 20th June 2021, with interviews expected to be held week commencing 5th July.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, which we will cover the cost of. Insight IAPT reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.